Monday, February 6, 2017

If my Brain were a Bookstore... A-1



Musty and Dark, full of hidden gems, a bibliophile's Dream, or Nightmare.
If you did not know what you were looking for, you would drive right past this little gem. How many hours have I spent here is anyone's guess but every once and awhile I am drawn like a moth to a flame to the A-1 Bookstore.

Housed in an old Gas Station in Richville, Ohio, and home to an enigmatic cat, I absolutely love this place (didn't see cat this morning).

My haul's from A-1 have been considerable, but that is not why I come. It's the hunt. If you didn't know better, you would think that there is no rhyme or reason to the stacks, but it is remarkably well organized for this appearance.

When I go, I do not have a clear list in mind, I just go. One must pull and re-stack constantly. Don't fret if you knock a pile over with your butt, no one minds. Kindly re-stack when you get a chance. Some of my favorite A-1 finds were made this way.

If you have allergies pop 3 or 4 Sudafed if you must but at least try it once. And yes, I always bring a flashlight. If you are free on a Saturday, give me a call and I will go with you.


3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my favorite bookstore from Florida when I was in HS. It was the hunt that attracted me as well, so cramped and weird. I bought hippy books on beading abs books on philosophy and plays. I even discovered Ella Fitzgerald there bc they played it over the speakers while I was shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my favorite bookstore from Florida when I was in HS. It was the hunt that attracted me as well, so cramped and weird. I bought hippy books on beading abs books on philosophy and plays. I even discovered Ella Fitzgerald there bc they played it over the speakers while I was shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this post fully on the topic of the comparison of most recent and
    preceding technologies, it's amazing article.

    ReplyDelete